4.1.14

Prayer to the Great Spirit

O, Great Spirit
Whose voice I hear in the winds,
And whose breath gives life to all the world,
hear me. I am small and weak. I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things I have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice.
Make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.
Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock.
I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy – myself.
Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes.
So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.
~ A Sioux Indian Prayer ~

No comments:

Post a Comment